Saturday, September 22, 2012

Make your own training panties

I've been starting to potty train the little one and she's doing pretty well at it for only 14 1/2 months. So I went to Walmart today looking for some training pants for her. There were none to be found and I didn't really feel like ordering them online and waiting for them to be shipped or paying what they are asking for them. Next best thing is to figure out how to make my own :).

I got some of the smallest panties I could find for girls which were still 2T, but I was hoping they would fit her. For a pack of 6 it was about $5.50 with the tax. They did have to be taken in just a bit. I would still just rather do it my way instead of paying $15 for 4 though.


When I got home I cut two of her cloth diapers into thirds.


Then I sewed them into the bottom of the underwear.


Trimmed off the extras between the legs.


I got three done today and it will be very quick and easy to make a few more.


*Note- They are not waterproof and only intended to tolerate small accidents.

Once she's done with the training I hope to be able to just rip out the stitches in the bottom and where I tightened them  a bit so she can use still them as they were intended.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Super cute too :) Too bad my over 3 year olds wont even give potty training a try :P They know how, just refuse to do it!

    Kayla @http://doublethalove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son did take longer. The thing that really worked for him was when my husband bought him some boxers so he could "be like Daddy". A few days after that we were done with potty training, right around his 2nd birthday. Good Luck!

      Delete