Thursday, September 6, 2012

New Cash Envelopes






I am very excited to be starting Dave Ramsey's cash envelope system. Even more excited since I found a great tutorial through a Pinterest search and was able to make my own envelopes! These are so simple to put together and I love that I was able to customize them to fit our budget. Making more for changes in our budget in the future will also never be a problem.

One note about the gas envelope, it doesn't actually have money in it since I have two little ones and taking them into the store to pay with me every time is just too much of a hassle. I have a piece of paper in it with the monthly allotment for gas. Each time I fill up I can just subtract the purchase from the total. It is also very simple to pull out the envelope before pumping to see how much is available in the account so I never go over.

Carrying a lot of cash does make me a little nervous so I love that I can just take the envelopes with me that I know I will be using that day.

There is a small zippered pocket in the back of my purse so I just dump the coins in there so they are not a problem. When I get home they go in a jar, which is another sneaky way of saving money.

1 comment:

  1. I have not finished reading all of Dave Ramsay s book yet but living by a cash system keeps us accountable. Great idea for gas.

    ReplyDelete