Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week #2 Garage

Well this is the week that I was most scared of. The garage is a man space in our house, but my husband is sweet and I do have a few shelves out there that are in desperate need of organizing. My husband and my dad built all of these shelves for us a couple of years ago now, but we really haven't been maximizing their potential.

I really wanted to get through this challenge without spending any money since I did not budget for it and only have a small amount in my "home" fund. Luckily I do have some totes no longer being used and I hope to find some other useful things out there to get me closer to an organized space.

So here we go... I know its horrible. Once I get through this week I will be so proud and the rest of the house should go pretty smoothly.

Here are the before pics.

Left side
Back wall
Right side
This is my husband's side with his tools and work bench so it  pretty much stayed the same except for me getting my stuff out of there.


The improved garage...


I filled the back of my truck with quite a few bags of trash and a lot of recycling, swept out the entire floor and moved things around a little bit.

I know I did a lot of work this week, but don't really feel like I have a lot to show for it. I organized my things into these colored totes that are no longer needed for separating our recyclables. I also took a lot of measurements and did some browsing at Walmart to find the perfect totes that are bigger to fit my stuff better. My husband also just told me this morning that half of those boxes at the top right are empty. He is willing to get rid of them and organize the rest of the stuff into matching totes as well. 

To help make it easier on the budget I requested a check from Send Earnings for just over $38. I should receive that by the end of the month so along with about $15 from our home budget I should have the garage looking even better than this by early next month. I plan to have an update post then. 


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the update! Stopping by from ABFOL's blog. :)

    Thanks for sharing your garage organization! I too have to wait for matching totes until I see where our budget stands at the end of the month. Delayed gratification can be such a tease. Glad I'm not the only one who has to wait! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge job you have tackled bravely. Well done.

    ReplyDelete